Cranberries aren’t just for Thanksgiving, this delicious fruit packs tons of flavor and is bursting with antioxidants. These muffins are loaded with Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries, pear, and the flavors of vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger. They are a great way to start your morning with some coffee, and a smear of cranberry honey butter, or as a snack.
Not only do these muffins taste absolutely delicious, but they make your house smell amazing too! My new stove was delivered yesterday, and I was so excited to christen it by baking something special – these muffins fit the bill! They are so good you don’t need anything on them, but my Cranberry Honey Butter is sooooo easy to make, why not?
To make it, just combine 1/2 cup of Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries in a small blender or food chopper, along with 1/2 stick of softened butter, and a tbsp of honey. Pulse to combine and store it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. I like to let it warm to room temperature on the counter while my muffins are baking!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (1/2 cup reserved)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 large pear, chopped
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Add spices and baking powder.
- Add sugar, mix to combine.
- Mix in flour with hand mixer or stand mixer
- In bowl with remaining 1/2 cup flour, toss cranberries and chopped pear, until coated with flour.
- Gently mix into batter.
- Divide batter into greased muffin pan. Makes 24 small muffins, or 12 large muffins.
- Bake 15 minutes, top with sprinkle of brown sugar on each muffin. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from pan and serve hot, or cool on rack.
Start out by combining your wet ingredients – eggs, Greek Yogurt, canola oil, and honey.
Mix in your dry ingredients, remember to toss your pear and cranberries in flour before adding it to the batter. It keeps everything from sinking to the bottom of the muffin!
The brown sugar at the end of baking time adds a smidge of crunch to these muffins, and a little bit of sparkle. They are wonderful for sharing with your loved ones, and so easy to make! What’s your favorite kind of muffin? Let me know in the comments below, and if you decide to make these – I’d love to see your pictures! Tag me on Instagram at @thesundayfundayblog Thanks for reading!
I created this recipe as a contest entry for Cape Cod Select’s Blogger Recipe Holiday Challenge. Use their store locator to find Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries in a store near you!
For more great recipes using Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries, follow them on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Pin it for Later: