Last month the folks at Del Real Foods invited bloggers in my area to enter their recipe challenge. I selected the ingredients I wanted to try, and they were kind enough to send them to me for free! I came up with three recipes, and this was my husband’s favorite!
I learned how to make tamales just last year, and my friends and family love it when I prepare large batches. I was really impressed by these Del Real Foods tamales, they taste homemade! We loved the combination of the sweet corn, green chiles, and bacon inside the jalapeno.
A word of advice, if you have sensitive skin, consider wearing gloves when handling hot peppers like jalapenos. My hands stung after handling the peppers without protection. Have you ever had sore hands from handling peppers? What’s your best tip for soothing the pain? Tell me in the comments below!
- 3 Del Real Foods Cheese and Green Chile Tamales, prepared to microwave directions
- 6 3" jalapeno peppers, halved, de-veined and de-seeded
- 6 strips of bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 cup quesadilla cheese, or Monterrey Jack, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees; line jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil, or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tamales, and cheese, discarding corn husk wrappers. Mash, and scoop mixture evenly into halved jalapenos. Slice bacon strips into halves, wrapping around each halved jalapeno, and secure with wooden toothpick.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, adding additional time as needed for desired bacon crispness.
- Serves 6, appetizer portion of 2 per person.
Disclaimer: I received free product compensation in exchange for creating recipes and entering the Del Real Foods Blogger Recipe Challenge.